Tuesday, September 28, 2010

nasty message from lovely april


left on my google voice mail: 9/21/10 12:18 AM


the girl i met in starbucks and took to dinner three times, even invited to the labor day parade at eastern parkway -- lovely april turned out to not be so lovely

‎5:20pm, Monday, September 27, 2010Spoke to Detective Murray -- West Village 6th precinct -- over the phone. He said he finally got in contact with the crazy man who left the death threat message on my google voice email. He said that the guy is Asian, lives in New Jersey, Jersey City maybe. Anyway, he said the guy just wanted to look like a big man in front of April. They were in a bar. April apparently told the guy that she felt that I might have been following her because of us running into each other suddenly. Which is what happened on Sunday night -- September 19th -- after meeting a student and then pamphleteering in front of Hmart I headed to the Starbucks on Bway and 41st St.

Before I got there, I saw April on 34th and Broadway at Herald Square. We were both surprised. She was sitting on a chair on the street island while talking on the phone. She had bags from shopping she had been doing. She told she met some guy then went shopping. We went to my favorite restaurant -- Chodanggol on 35th Street near 6th Avenue for dinner. Actually I didn't want to eat -- I had already eaten enough earlier in the day. I wanted her to taste chunggukjang -- she loves sundubujige. After we had dinner -- she had to go home. At first she said she wanted to go home alone. I offered to ride the 7 train with her to Flushing. She said no, but then acquiesced. We walked to Times Square where we visited a sex shop on 40th, between 7th and 8th Streets; then Sephora and Vans on 42nd. She got a phone call and said she had to go. She hugged me goodbye and hopped into a cab. I had thought that was the last time I'd ever see her again--she had told me she was going back to San Francisco. She had only come to New York to raise money for a business she intended to start. She told me however, that due to finding financial investors, she wouldn't have to continue her "fundraising" activities in NYC (i.e. being karaoke bar Hostess etc.)

Det. Murphy said that the asked if he could call and apologize. The detective told him no. He read him the riot act. So the guy felt remorseful I suppose. Good enough for me. Class closed. So much for April being my friend. Apparently she was just paranoid. I'm tempted to use harsher language. Even so, if she was so startled, then why the hell did she have dinner with me at Chodanggol. Why did she go traipsing around Times Sq. with me to a Peep show shop, Sephora and then Vans?

we went out at least three times, i paid every time, we even took pics at eastern parkway, but i don't have them, hahaha, i should walked away from her on the second so-called date

det murray said he wanted to find out if the guy was really a bad guy. he said he has no criminal record. so all is well that ends well? right?

so beware random friendly women at Starbucks, looks can be deceiving

No comments: